Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Start or What I Should Have Been Doing All Along?

Happy 2014! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jayla but I go by Miss Jaylove on social sites. I am currently a college freshman at the top historical black college/university. I have one older sister (10 years apart). I was born and raised in the Bay Area (California). I had always written my thoughts out prior to this blog but someone suggested that I start a blog and here it is. My mission is to help those who are experiencing similar problems in their life and give advice based on a Christian perspective. I am far from perfect, each day I learn new things and intend on sharing how Christ continues to bless my life.

My blog name, Percepción, is Spanish for the word perception. Perception is defined as the ability to see, hear or become aware of something through the senses. My wish is for you to be able to have a clearer view or perception in whatever situation you may be facing after reading my blog.

Now reflecting on the title of this post, "A New Start or What I Should Have Been Doing All Along?" Most goals set for New Year's Resolution are goals such as becoming more fit, losing weight, establishing a closer relationship with _____, becoming better in _____. (Fill in the blanks to your liking.) But think about it.. shouldn't you have been doing all those things prior to the New Year? Most people use the New Year as a clean slate, which it does represent, but it can also be used as a checkpoint. Have I been doing what I was set on this earth to do? Am I on the right path? Whatever the case may be for you, never forget to consider Christ in anything.

I leave you with this verse, "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:3

No comments:

Post a Comment