Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Perfect Beach Day

I've been dying to go to the beach ever since my return from Georgia. Which is weird for anyone who knows me because I'm not one who enjoys being in nature but I love observing nature. I know, strange. But nevertheless during my one month stay back home in California, I made it to the beach. I called one of my closest friends and we were off. I was lacking a true connection with Christ that I desired. I chose to go to the reclusive Davenport Beach about ten miles away from Santa Cruz. I was overwhelmed by God's presence as soon as I stepped into the grainy sand. It was here where I felt Jesus touch my soul and I became unaware of my surroundings. I've been reading Jesus Calling by Sarah Young which is a daily devotional for a year. (I highly recommend!) The verses featured for the day were:

Psalm 34:17,18 
The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit 

2 Corinthians 5:7
For we walk by faith, not by sight.

2 Corinthians really resinated with me. Think about it. We walk by faith, not by sight. We cannot actual see God, but we can see God through his creations. As I stood on the beach, it puzzled me that people believe that the Earth created itself and there is no Creator. When I watched the sunset all I could think of was God. How mighty, how powerful and how beautiful He is. The Creator of the beach and of the sunset, also created you and me. And if that's not enough, we were created in the image of God. Like wow. Jesus is so real. So if you ever think God is not doing something in your life and you're at a stand still remember walking by faith gets you further than walking by sight. God Bless.

Remember: Live for Him, not for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment