Sunday, June 15, 2014

What Is My Worth?

Hey there Beloveds,

As some of you may know, I recently took a little leave of absence on social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) in order to reconstruct or remodel myself. It was a moment to step back from the things that often cluttered my mind and consumed my time. If I can be totally transparent with you, I was examining my self worth. Now, I know my worth comes through Christ but I didn't believe it and didn't act as so. So I needed to repair that deep crack in my foundation (An ongoing project). To my ladies, we usually think we know our self worth or at least we feel good when we get over a hundred likes on Instagram, or a numerous number of retweets on Twitter or even multiple likes on our Facebook status. (I guess this could apply to men as well) But ladies, we definitely feel our self worth when that guy that you like is holding your hand while you walk the mall declaring to the world (Or at least you think so at the time) that he chose me, or he texts you first after you haven't spoken to him for a while, or he sends you flowers reminding you that you are important to him. Yes as females, we crave and desire that attention to be loved and valued. But your value cannot come from another broken human being who is also in need of a SaviorYour value can only come from the Savior himself. Continuing to be transparent, I am that person that will say "yeah my self worth comes from Christ ladedadeda" but as soon as a get that little bit of attention from a guy, I'm like "Oh hey! Him I want him God! Come on, it's perfect". Then I will think something is God-sent (Trust me on this, it's happened too many times) when really it was my selfish self choosing my own will. Even though I knew from the get go that I wouldn't be able to handle it. I can't give 100% of myself if I don't even value myself, I let others do it for me (This is a whole other blog topic... so I'm not gonna get into that). Ladies, Men and whoever else is reading, YOUR SELF WORTH CANNOT BE DEFINED BY ANYONE ON THIS EARTH. If you choose to let other people and things define your self worth you will be broken in more ways than you will ever imagine. It will destroy you. But know nothing is more powerful than knowing that you are valued by the God who spoke the world into existence. He made you perfect. In His image. And let's just be honest here for a second when you put your self worth into other things you're basically telling God you are not good enough to tell me my self worth. How can self worth come from the creation instead of the Creator? It took me a while to really realize that but I finally did. So to all my people struggling with realizing your self worth, you are important. You are valued. You are everything and a bag a chips to God. I'm praying for you ceaselessly and again know you are cherished.

Song of Solomon 4:7
"You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you."

Live for Him, not for them.. love y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment